The Evolving Business of Doing Business
Thomas Lester -- Home Accents Today, 9/1/2013 2:00:00 AM
Page 5 of 5
"If you're an interior designer, you don't want to have to redraw your whole plan. What if you could take a picture or import it into the software?" Harrison said.
"On that software, you need to know the measurements. You can mark a 15 (foot) wall and it rescales the whole plan according to our scale. When you drop something in, it drops in the same scale as the plan. That only takes a couple of minutes to do that."
Harrison said the program is intended to allow designers to create personalized presentations. While the entire array of Christopher Guy products are available for incorporation in the designs, Harrison said as a practical measure, designers are also able to bring in other companies' products to create distinctive and individualized plans for the end consumers.
"When you're doing such things, not everybody goes out and buys from one company. We developed it so you can import third party product," he said. "The designer can create their own price list. We give them a price, and from that, they're able to establish their own markups. When they're offering their customer the project file, it will reflect the price list they wish to represent. They're able to give discounts or surcharges on products. They're also able to add their own monogram to the project. We are making tools that empower the interior designer. We know the interior designer is working with various companies. The more attractive we can make the website so they return to us, even if they don't use any of our product, the main thing is they return to our website."
Thanks for including Brandwise in this article! This is a great topic to address and I'm sure many sales reps will find this valuable! In fact, I would love to hear what sales reps have to say about compensating for the lack of one-on-one time.Brianne Houck - 2013-09-30 15:27:03 EDT
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...