Lights Up acquires Matthew Lampshade
Home Accents Today Staff -- Home Accents Today, 10/9/2013 3:25:15 PM
Bespoke residential and commercial lighting manufacturer Lights Up has acquired Matthew Lampshade, a 40-year-old lamp shade manufacturer in Brooklyn, N.Y., known for hospitality lighting and custom fixtures.
Additionally, the two companies' facilities have been consolidated in a new industrial loft in Brooklyn's Industry City, home to a number of other manufacturers and fabricators.
"This acquisition significantly expands our capabilities in the areas of custom, contract and hospitality lighting, as well as allowing us to offer shorter lead times and more options to our existing customers," said Rachel Simon, president of Lights Up. "We aim to provide the finest and most versatile ambient lighting line in the country."
The new facility includes wire frame fabricating, shade cutting and a custom workshop in addition to distribution, all under one roof.
"We are making our bespoke lighting within sight of downtown Manhattan and the new Freedom Tower," Simon said. "It is a fun and inspiring place to go to work every day."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...