John Portman receives Atlanta's Four Pillar Award
Home Accents Today Staff -- Home Accents Today, 10/11/2013 3:00:54 PM
Nearly 1,000 members of the political, business and architectural communities of Atlanta turned out to honor Americasmart founder and chairman John C. Portman Jr. with the prestigious 2013 Four Pillar Award Thursday evening.
The tribute took place at the Hyatt Regency Hotel, the landmark that was Portman's first hotel and helped cement his image as one of the more influential architects and developers not just in Atlanta or even the United States but all over the world.
The award, presented by the Council for Quality Growth, featured a star-studded turnout including Atlanta mayor Kassim Reed, Georgia lieutenant governor Casey Cagle and former mayor and UN ambassador Andrew Young. All praised Portman, who was in attendance with his wife Jan, his childrenm including Americasmart president Jeff Portman, and other family members.
The Four Pillars tribute honors accomplishments in quality, responsibility, vision and integrity and is considered among the highest honors from the business community in Atlanta. Former winners have included Home Depot co-founder Arthur Blank and R. Charles Loudermilk Sr. of Aaron Rents.
After a moving video recounting his role in creating the modern city of Atlanta including the Americasmart complex, as well as development projects around the world, Portman addressed the audience. He cited Ralph Waldo Emerson as an inspiration for his philosophy of life, reminding those gathered that even in this digital age of technology, success always comes down to being about people.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...