‘Paddle and Party for Pink' fundraiser features Thom Filicia rug by Safavieh
Home Accents Today Staff -- Home Accents Today, 10/29/2013 3:32:04 PM
A rug by celebrity designer and Safavieh licensing partner Thom Filicia was prominently featured in the 2013 "Paddle and Party for Pink" charity event held in August in the Hamptons on Long Island.
The event, which includes a paddleboard race and party, raises money for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. The 2013 event raised more than $1.2 million.
Filicia was invited to create a paddleboard for the event and thought it would be interesting to use one of his indoor/outdoor rug designs for his paddleboard. He opted to affix Safavieh's Durston rug-an eco-friendly carpet made of recycled soda bottles-to it.
"We were a bit skeptical when Thom came to us with this idea, but it worked beautifully," said Cyrus Yaraghi, Safavieh principal. "We've seen our rugs used in many places; everywhere from bathrooms to basements. But we never expected to see one on a paddleboard."
Filicia's paddleboard was auctioned off for $2,500 as part of the fund-raising effort with proceeds going to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. In addition to Filicia's board, other paddleboards were created by Martha Stewart (another Safavieh licensing partner), Aerin Lauder, Cynthia Rowley and Nicole Miller.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...