Home Accents Today Staff, September 15, 2011Material Connexion is a global materials consulting firm and a resource for innovative materials research and strategic materials insights. It is also a sister company to Home Accents Today, part of the Sandow Media group. Its most striking physical feature is its library of more than 6,000 advanced and sustainable materials, available at its New York headquarters and international locations. Material Connexion will share some of its insights on interesting new materials and applications in a periodic column in Home Accents Today. More
Tracy Bulla and Alex Lemonde-Gray, September 14, 2011More
Home Accents Today Staff, April 20, 2011SAVANNAH, Georgia --The Savannah College of Art and Design's furniture design department will host a university-sponsored furniture industry conference, "Furniture Design Summit 2011: Re-Defining American Design," May 9-10 at SCAD Savannah. The American Society of Furniture Designers and Metropolis magazine are partnering with SCAD for the summit. More
Susan Dickenson, September 8, 2010The result of collaborations between some of America's top fashion and interior design minds will be unveiled Sept. 21st, coinciding with the release of Assouline's American Fashion Designers at Home. More
December 29, 2009The New York International Gift Fair has finalized a partnership with the New Jersey and New York Metro chapters of American Society of Interior Designers through which ASID will exhibit at the winter 2010 market and NYIGF will offer regional chapter members a number of benefits in connection with the show. More
December 4, 2009Home improvement channel HGTV is looking for designers to participate in the fifth season of Design Star. More
Lindsey Hughes, December 1, 2009A common thread weaving throughout bench, stool and ottoman designs this season is the classic X-shaped base. Although the style is not a novel one, the accents feel updated and fresh courtesy of the ultra-glam finishes and delicious upholstery that bring an air of vivacity. Glittery upholstery, metallic finishes and animal print motifs up the ante in this stylish game, where X really does mark... More
By Gary Evans, December 1, 2009Interior designer Reagan Hayes got so many requests to design customized furniture that she launched her own line of upper-end upholstery. "My clients wanted a designer to redo their home and they wanted a certain look," said Hayes, speaking from her apartment home on the west side of Los Angeles. "But they couldn't afford the high-end designer showroom lines. More
September 18, 2009Shine Home’s Palisades pendant spotlights an electric orange hue and panels of hand-painted glass displaying a peacock and vine motif. More
News from the Web
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...
MOST POPULAR PAGES