Susan Dickenson, September 27, 2013An interesting graphic, based on a national survey of consumers conducted by Dimensional Research for Wanderful Media, offers a look at the good and bad points of shopping online and in stores. More
Susan Dickenson, August 8, 2013In this edition: Square Register "Business in a Box," Skitch, retail speed-dating, paying with kindness instead of cash, Apt2B's "Complete Home" package, communicating in code. More
Susan Dickenson, July 11, 2013The recession dealt retail quite a blow. During the lean months of 2009-2011, an oft-repeated refrain at the markets, on the street and in Home Accents Today's pages was the idea that those who could survive the economic downturn would be able to survive anything. More
Susan Dickenson, July 1, 2013If you're a retailer or operating an interior design showroom and you're not familiar with Google Street View and Google Business Photos, you may want to check them out. More
Susan Dickenson, June 29, 2013Whether you're a retailer announcing a store opening or a vendor announcing a market event, knowing the difference between a press release and a pitch, when to use them, and how to write them increases your chances for publication and media coverage. More
Susan Dickenson, June 4, 2013Last month, I sat in on a couple of great discussions on my favorite topic - the strategies and tactics different stores and retail channels are using to sell home accessories. More
Susan Dickenson, May 3, 2013It's highly likely that the Marketplace Fairness Act, which would allow states to collect sales tax from "remote" sellers (online and catalog retailers operating from another state), will become law before the year is out. More
Jenny Heinzen York, April 5, 2013Well, we didn't go over the cliff, but we are sequestered, and it's too soon to tell if we'll just completely shut down. Way to go, U.S. government, for adding more than a few unneeded and unnecessary layers of instability to this fragile recovery. More
Susan Dickenson, February 16, 2013AS PART OF ITS RECENTLY released "Things to Watch in 2013 Retail Report," marketing communications brand JWT discusses the growing strength of the peer-powered marketplace - a world of collaborative consumption possibilities facilitated by online connectivity and social networking. More
News from the Web
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...
MOST POPULAR PAGES